Sunday, November 16, 2014

Globe Trotting Turkeys - and A bit of globe trotting Ms. Lander


I moved!
I finally relocated back to my favorite place!  Suburban Kansas City!  No more 25-35 minute commute!  No more construction!! WOO HOO!!  I can be bop into school in a matter of minutes,  which is awesome.  I can run in for 30 minutes on a Sunday and make copies when NO ONE is there!  That means I can hog both copiers. 
The little girls (Not that they are actually little) and I moved last weekend.  Not the best move everWE definitely did not have enough movers, they sent 2 guys not the 3 requested.  AND they definitely wrecked my floor under the washer.  Not awesome!  The moving company refunded me a whole $65 for the floor damage and promised me $25 towards my Go Fund Me, but I definitely have not seen the $$ on Go Fund Me.  I’m trying to fund a Thanksgiving feast for First Grade.  I’d happily accept any help I can get! 
http://www.gofundme.com/h780n8
 
BUT we moved!  The house is all set up, not a single box left.  The new place feels good, we are all settled and loving it. We have hung up all the art, and got out the Christmas tree. 
 YEP, it’s up! 
 
We hung up the stockings too!  AND got out the ELF on the shelf!  Who knows what trouble the little guy will get into this year.  LOL!
 
 
TINY dog is starting to get the hang of the new place.  HE still barks at E.V.E.R.Y. single noise.  This includes people coming home at all hours.  LITERALLY.  He's surveying his kingdom in this photo. 
 
I managed to get my Unit 3 Journeys Bundle together and up on TPT before the move.  
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Journeys-Unit-3-Bundle-Lesson-Plans-and-Supplemental-Materials-1526171
 
I finished a GLOBE TROTTING TURKEY math puzzle activity for the next couple of weeks.  My kids LOVE to put these together and then count using the counting sequence to check to see if they are correct.  We have been working on non-traditional starting points.  We also need to practice counting by 10s starting at places other than 10- say 16, and count up 16, 26, 36, and so on.
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Globe-Trotting-Turkeys-practice-extending-the-counting-sequence-1561662
 
 
Here's a little FREEBIE for you.
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREEBIE-Globe-Trotting-Turkeys-Math-Puzzles-1562094
 
 
Happy Sunday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment