Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ear Infection has me wiped out!

Oh My!  I have an ear infection that has me wiped out!!!  It started innocently as some congestion from allergies, darn cottonwood trees.  Within days I was really congested.  I broke down and asked the school nurse to look at my ear Wednesday, which she declared "That's the worst looking ear I've ever seen!"  So I broke down and ran over to the minute clinic.  Thank you to the school secretary for finding me a sub.  Needless to say I was given some antibiotics and ear drops.  What I wasn't prepared for was the chance  that the antibiotics wouldn't be strong enough.  I took Thursday off, but came in on Friday since we are having sub shortage.

Fast forward to Friday night when I was still not getting any better.  The pain was intense-- I am one of those tough ladies that gave birth to 3 kids without meds- and this ear pain was worse!  My lovely daughter convinced me to go to the Emergency Room on a Friday night.  Thank goodness!! I got stronger meds and PAIN pills!  WOO HOO!

I have spent the past two days sleeping.  My daughter insisted that I wake up and eat today. (She's ruining my new diet plan!)  I still can't hear, but I think the antibiotics are starting to kick in.  I went to school to set up for a sub tomorrow.  I need at least another day off to get it together! Sadly, we begin End of Year testing Tuesday, I will be back regardless of my condition on Tuesday!

So, how is everyone holding up?  Any other end of the year crisis?

No comments:

Post a Comment