Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Linking Up with Smart Kids

 
Photobucket
 
Smart Kids is having a weekly Wednesday Linky.  This one is all about what we find out in the blogging world.  Come on, I know you all stalk around looking at ideas, pinning things for later, adding things to your TPT wish lists! 
 
I was out and about looking around the Internet on Sunday, avoiding scooping the snow/ice/sleet mix.  When I stumbled upon Lawren over at Teaching is a Royal Adventure.
 
 
http://teachingisaroyaladventure.blogspot.com/
 
 
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Telling-Time-Activities-with-Craft-1125175
 
I was admiring her cute, yet totally academic soccer kiddos.  We will be working on telling time in the next month or two and I just don't know if I can do the paper plate clock again.  Honestly, there are only so many paper plate clocks a person can make oversee.  The idea that we could work on some fine motor and listening skills as well works for me!
 
 
I think I will have my lovely daughters help me prep the materials over spring break.  Lawren made everything look easy with the prepped baggies for each child.  I will still have my kiddos cut things out on their own -- they need fine motor practice, but I love the simplicity of passing it all out at once.  Nice and neat!
 
 
 
 
 
How do you change things up?  Is there any one lesson or topic that you can't do "one more time"?  I am changing up my end of the year ~ I usually do a camping thing, complete with a woodland creature research project, but I am saving that for summer school this year.  I'm going to go with an ocean animal/beach theme.  Our district bought Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Journeys, and the first grade curriculum comes with trade books!!  One of them is Amazing Whales -- a sign I think!
 
Go check out what others have found!
 
 
http://smartkidsgammons.blogspot.com/
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment