Friday, June 20, 2014

Summer Stock Up


 


Puppy Theme Classroom Décor

I finally put all my bits and pieces of classroom décor together into an actual packet!!  I created EVERY single piece for my classroom.  It all started simply.  I wanted to make a super cute puppy inspired room with lots of blues, browns, blacks, and greys. I wanted it to be soothing.

 





So I started with the table labels.  I had the table tubs in every rainbow color.  I wanted to reuse them and let’s face it, in first grade it makes life simpler when you can call “red table”, and so on.  I updated them with a gingham background for this school year. 
Hurry!!! Go to the Party store right now and pick up some 16 inch fans!  (They were on clearance!! $1.25 each!)  Print out the labels and then hot glue them on. 



Last year I used solid colors.  If you want the solid color background, they are a forever freebie on my TPT site. 

  
 


Then I needed Word Wall cards.  So I made some really simple brown ones with the Chevron border.  They look great on my blue word wall!  The first thing we do is to take pictures in front of the blue word wall.  Then we hang up everyone’s picture and name on the second day of school.

 
 
 
 
 
 

Then I turned my attention to my class library.  (Hello, my name is Kim, I have a book addiction.)  Did I mention, my mom is a retired librarian?  I cannot stand the thought of my little firsties not having a great book selection.  So, I go book crazy and add to our library ALL the time!!  The library could be a beast, but not in my room!!  I have every bin labeled and every book sorted by category.  Books and bins get matching stickers/dots. 
 
 
 

As I was updating all my new books with stickers/dots, I thought, gosh these bins are gross!! This is when I had an epiphany ~~ BLACK tubs would look so much nicer than my dirty, scuffed up white tubs.  Of course this step of the redo involved me going to 5 different Wal-marts to find enough tubs! Clearly I could not reuse my old library labels on the brand new black bins, so I got started making new labels.  Voila!  Puppy library labels!!

Here are the categories I have

 


Seriously, I know I have a problem.

 

With all the cutie patootie puppy stuff happening I needed to update my teacher area.  I have a bazillion tiny little storage drawers.  (I had them before Pinterst had all those great teacher tool drawer thingys.)  My old labels were from a label maker can you say boring!!  I quick whipped up some puppy backgrounds and I was labelling everything.  Here’s a snap shot of some of my storage boxes.  (I hoard things.)

 

I then realized I needed a way to keep track of our dismissal.  I don’t know about you, but our dismissal is an event.  Kids are moving in all sorts of directions!  And our parents have the nerve to change it at the last minute!  I decided to make some posters to hang by the door.  I laminated them and I can write on them with a vis a vis or dry erase marker.  It is really helpful for subs! 

 

Our kids have lockers in the hallway.  I made locker number labels for my kiddos.  Numbering the lockers makes it easy for me to put a stray coat away, check a back pack or put away someone’s lunch box. 

 


With all the awesomeness going on, the front of my classroom under the white board seemed bare.  So I quickly created my math posters.  The kids sit on the floor so I put them at their eye level! 




How about behavior?  We use the behavior clip chart.  I am very careful to keep this out of public view.  I put it on the side of the file cabinet that can not be seen from our doorway.  Each student has a numbered magnet that can be moved up or down as needed.

 

Finally, I decided to make a name tag.  I wanted everything to be cohesive.  More puppies!  I thought I would share these with you!

 
But wait!!!  There’s more!  I made awesome binder covers for my binders.  I couldn’t keep those boring solid white covers.  I spruced up some of my dull binders with new covers!

 
 
 
 I am putting the whole set on sale this week!!  It's twenty percent off! 

 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Puppy-Theme-Classroom-Decor-1282993


 
 

 


Want to win $20 from Amazon? 

Check out my Guided Math post from June 19th!
 Guided Math

 
While I am working with small math groups I am going to have my other students work at math centers.  These "Van"tastic math centers are perfect for practicing math skills.  I created them to reinforce math fluency, fact families, re-grouping, and comparing numbers!
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Vantastic-Math-Centers-6-Common-Core-Aligned-Centers-1234918
 
See them in action!

 


I am putting it on sale for the next week, 20% off! 

Check it out!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment