Monday, July 7, 2014

Vegas Celebrities

Oohhhh my goodness!  I was star struck this morning!  I entered I teach 1st/ I teach K and immediately ran into Greg Smedley Warren, from Smedley's Smorgasbord!  I even had my picture taken!


What a super duper way to get things started!  Our keynote speaker was Marc Brown, as in Arthur, Marc Brown!  He was so engaging!  He even read us his newest book that's not going to be published until next year, hint, it's a monster book!  It's adorable!

Then off to a math session and then a sight words/high frequency words session with none other than THE Cara Carroll!  It was wonderful to see her in person, she's as sweet and genuine as she seems on her blog!  And yep, I got a picture!


Best day ever!  I am super motived to add onto my Daily Five word work.  And I've got some new math activities in the works too!

The girls and I took off to do some sight seeing this afternoon.  We started with the High Roller, a giant Ferris wheel thingy.  Here's Libby and Kate looking out over the strip!



We even saw the Bellagio fountains from way up high!


Of course, sweet and delicious Libbyliscious wanted to see them in person.  So what's a little jaunt down the strip in the 100+ degree heat?   Let's just discuss my sunburn. What's a little burn to keep the teen ager happy?

Check in tomorrow to see who else I meet and what I learn!

Don't forget to stop by my Teachers Pay Teachers shop and take advantage of my sale while I'm in Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment